This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By using our service and completing any forms you agree to your data being used for the purposes specified below.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act“), the data controller is COMPANY NAME LIMITED (company number 00000000) (“Bedknobs“).
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on our site https://www.bedknobsherts.co.uk/ (“our site“);
- details you provide when submitting an order with us;
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence;
- information that you send to us in job applications;
- aggregated information, where we extract non-personal (anonymised) information from the personal data we hold about you.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns.
We may also use technology to determine your current location (or the location of your IP address). Some of our services are barred from delivery to certain geographical locations; other services require your location data for the features to work.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored by us on our secure servers.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have asked us to contact you for such purposes;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- to improve our services and offering to you;
- where we process the personal data held about you into an aggregated anonymised form, we send that anonymised aggregated data to our suppliers and other partners to help them to provide better services and supplies.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group (which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006).
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- where this is necessary to provide information, products or services that you request from us (e.g. providing your personal information to our dealers, sub-contractors, importers or similar);
- subject to your express consent, for general marketing purposes until you advise us that you do not wish your data to be used in this way in which case please indicate this is the case by emailing us at email@example.com;
- in anonymised aggregated form to our suppliers and other partners to help them to tailor their services to better suit our general customer requirements;
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if Bedknobs or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to: comply with any legal obligation; or enforce any agreement between you and us; or protect our rights, property or safety or that of our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We will not process your personal data nor will we pass your personal data onto others for general marketing purposes (although, as mentioned, we may use it to provide you with marketing information where you have asked us to do so). You can change your mind about receiving such information at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.